OverviewApk Size : 513k
Android : 2.2 and up
Tired of putting down your Android tablet to check a new SMS on your phone? Me too. Cloud SMS - Easy Tablet SMS is run on both your Android phone and tablet to allow you to send and receive SMS messaging from your tablet. My design goal was to build upon the stock Android Messaging app feel, with simplicity in mind. Now with support for Android 4.4 KitKat!
This app works over the Internet and does not require bluetooth, does not share (or transmit) your contacts, and even hashes your account email for added security. New in version 2.0.0, you can completely encrypt your messages between devices! (Android 3.0 - 4.4) Dashclock support is also built in out of the box!
What's New in 2.2.2
* Fixed a registration bug where Cloud Services were unable to register if Google's service took longer than three seconds to respond.
* Changed the Settings description for Force Tablet Mode to better indicate how to use the feature.
Setup Requirements:1) Install and run on tablet.
2) Install and run on phone.
3) All done - send your first SMS from your tablet!
* Looking to send a message to a phone number instead of a contact? *
Open Settings and change the Contact List Style to Contact Search / Number Entry. This option allows you to choose a contact by name with auto-complete, or by entering a phone number for the recipient.
** Need support? Have a question about a feature? Please email me and I'd be happy to help, as I am unable to reply to feedback. **
Support Email Address: bechard at gmail dot com.
* You will need to have the same Google account on both devices. If you have multiple accounts, you may have to select the correct account in settings.
-= Common Issues =-
* Experiencing delays getting messages on your tablet while the screen is off? Try changing your Wifi sleep policy. Android Settings, Wifi, (menu) Advanced, Set Wifi to be Always on.
* Some third party SMS applications lock in the SMS data and require a setting change to make them share with other applications.
GO SMS: Under 'Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Receive Settings' - Uncheck the box that says 'Disable other message notification'
MIUI Users: In the MIUI messaging app go to "settings" and make sure "System MMS app priority" is unchecked.
Handcent Users: Open Handcent -> Settings -> Application Settings -> Default Messaging application -> Disable. You may have to reboot or restart Handcent's services for it to allow messages to go through after making this change.
Other SMS Apps: Please look for any settings relating to passing on messages.
Go ahead and take your SMS to the Tablet!
Detail Info, ScreenShoot and User Review On Google Play