OverviewSize : 1.2M
Requires Android : 1.5 and up
SMS Backup & Restore Pro is a simple App to Backup and Restore SMS Messages. This is a Paid No-Ads version of the Ad-Supported Free App.
NOTE: On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
What's New in V6.44
New Receive SMS permission required so that the app can properly handle incoming messages on Android 4.4+ devices. Without this permission any messages received during Restore would get lost.
- Bug fix for the "the bind value at index 4 is null" error that some users are experiencing.
App Features- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Please note that this app does not support MMS (Picture/Audio/Video) messages.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external. This is because the phone reports the storage that way. If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
Detail Info, ScreenShoot and User Review On Google Play