OverviewApk Size : 416k
Android : 2.1 and up
MUST have the SoundAbout main app installed first. SoundAbout Pro (with a service) allows you to:
1) SoundAbout Service - Turn service "On (Foreground)", "On (Auto Restart)", "On (Stoppable)", "OFF". (ON - Auto Restart) can be used to remove constant notification in Android 4.3.
2) Media Audio - Route the media audio to (External speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Bluetooth(mono)(dynamic), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)). (Some outputs are enabled for the PRO VERSION only)
3) Phone call audio - SoundAbout (Pro version) Route the phone call audio to (Built in Earpiece, External speaker, Bluetooth (mono), Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Dock (Analog), Dock (Digital) Phone call audio to Bluetoth A2DP(media) NOT allowed in Android.
4) Text-To-Speech behavior...(Android 4.0+)(Pro version) - Settings to send Text-To-Speech audio to various outputs with/without delays: Android TTS setting... - Opens the Android TTS settings screen so that you can choose SoundAbout TTS as your Text-To-Speech engine. Audio Output - Route the TTS audio to (External speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)). Max Utterance per request... - How many TTS to items to process per request. Handy if the client app (Google Nav) tries to process ALL the TTS items at one time. This lets you do 1,2,3.etc at a time. Delay utterance (secs) - Lets you delay before sending the audio to output. Handy to allow Bluetooth mono to connect. Allow background audio - Allows existing audio to continue at a lower volume while TTS audio is playing.
5) Notification behavior Notifications to Speaker - Allow notification/alarm sounds play through the SPEAKER as well as the selected media audio setting. This setting can be unchecked so that notifications/alarms don't play through speaker. Ringtones to Speaker - Allow ringtone to play through the SPEAKER as well as the selected media audio setting. This setting can be unchecked so that ringtone won't play through speaker. Status Bar Notification - Show audio status in status bar, when Service runs in foreground
6) Wired Headset behavior... - Wired Headset detection - ALLOW or IGNORE the headphone/headset plug in/out detection. Wired Headset microphone - DETECT or IGNORE that a headset has a microphone when plugged in. Un-plug pauses music player - Have the music player pause when you unplug a wired headset. If left un-checked, the music player may still pause if it is designed to do so. Plug-in continues music player - Have music player continue playing when headset is plugged back in (if music player was playing when headset was un-plugged). Plug-in Volume (Pro Version) - Turn ON and set default volume when headset is plugged in.
7) Bluetooth behavior - (Pro version): Bluetooth Auto Enable - Automatically enable Bluetooth when Bluetooth output is selected. (A2DP) Media audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth media device to be the default output for media. (Mono) Media audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth mono device to be the default output for media. May not work for all phones. Phone call usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth mono device to be the default output for phone calls. (Mono) microphone override - Use the Bluetooth (mono) device microphone for voice input while using audio output set in the Media audio setting. Disable wired audio - Disable wired headset when in Bluetooth mono phone call. Disconnect to speaker - Allow/Deny using speaker for notifications(notifications still go to selected media audio output)
8) Dock behavior - (Pro version): Analog Dock audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Analog Dock to be the default output for media. Digital Dock audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Digital Dock to be the default output for media.
9) There is a widget named "Headset Toggle" to toggle a Wired Headset on or off.
What's New in 1.1.8
- Support Android 4.4